Saturday, October 25, 2008

At last!

At last... I finally have my 'all-clear' to start work! After many days of waiting, numerous phone calls and filling out paperwork, I am set to work in the classroom on Monday. Oh happiness! I'm just excited to start this new adventure and to get out of the house (I'm sure Phil is ready to have me out of the house as well)! I will be working in a Special Education classroom with 13 students. There is one teacher and four aides (including me), so I'm not exactly sure what my duties are or how many students I will be assisting. It will be a new experience for me, as I have not dealt with students in the classroom before (only outside the classroom participating in recreation activities). But, I know that while some days I will be super tired, I will be able to come out of this job with a lot of experience and many stories.
Phil is ready to have a second income to the family and to finally be able to have the house to himself for bits and pieces. We will have to work with mixing schedules for the first few weeks (I will be 7:30a-4p Monday through Friday and Phil will be 3p-11p Tuesday through Saturday). I'm sure we will be able to make it work. I mean, we're finally in the same city, so now we won't have to deal with time zones, cell phones and random other messes.
As for other details, our house is decorated and ready for Halloween. We're not sure how we'll celebrate the day, as Phil works late, but I'm hoping that a lot of cute youngsters come to the door to show of their costumes and take away the candy that I'm sure I'll be eating :)
We successfully had our first house guest this past week. Phil's high school friend, Ross, was in town for an oil show, so he stayed at our house for a few days. Ross and I were able to go to the airport a few nights to have dinner with Phil (otherwise Ross would not have been able to see a lot of Phil) and then we spent the rest of the time hanging out at the house and driving around Midland. If anyone else is in town, we would love to have you (it got Phil and I into house decorating/improvement completion mode, but I know I could always find more projects for his honey-do list)!

No comments: