Tuesday, April 15, 2008

and the wedding bus continues to roll...


This past weekend was a success, if I must say so myself :) I was able to travel down to the dry city of Midland and spend a few (much needed) days with Phil. I left after a program on Thursday afternoon and arrived in Midland around 11pm, which is right in time for Phil to start his shift at the airport (he's been on the midnight shift for the past couple of months). I was able to meet some of his co-workers, grab the keys to his house and convince myself that I only had to drive another 20 minutes before I could fall asleep. The drive down there only takes about 9ish hours, but I was definitely ready for sleep :) The next day, I nicely threw Phil off of his typical sleeping schedule and allowed him to sleep for about 4 hours before waking him to go and register (by the way, he's camp-champ for the weekend). We headed to Bed, Bath and Beyond (the picture is of Phil holding the high and mighty registering gun!) and proceeded to have fun! After about an hour, Phil headed back to bed for a little rest while I explored Midland and potential job sites with a new friend that I had met online. Saturday was more wedding planning (invitations, tuxedo potentials, rings, etc) and a little bit more registering. Later that night we were able to go out to dinner with a few of his co-workers and then spend an evening just relaxing. Sunday we tried out a new church then headed back to Phil's so he could get a nap before returning to work later that night (he had Friday and Saturday nights off). After he left for work, it was bedtime for me as I was heading back to the Springs on Monday morning. When he got home Monday morning, I was packed up and ready to leave. Of course, the good-byes are always tough, but we know that the end is in sight and we are both counting down the days until we can both live and stay in the same city. After almost two years of doing the long-distance, the light at the end of the tunnel continues to grow brighter each and every day.

No comments: