Tuesday, April 22, 2008

And the train keeps rolling...

Things keep on progressing and it really feels like everything is falling in place! I know we still have a lot to do on our 'to do list,' but I feel really comfortable with where we are right now. Phil has picked out the tuxes for himself and the groomsmen, I have ordered my bridesmaid dresses, I already have my dress and we have been looking at MOB (Mother of the Bride) dresses for a few weeks, so if nothing else, everyone will look fantastic!
I've been keeping busy in the Springs with my different training programs. It's great to have something to look forward to in the next few months to not only keep my mind off of things, but it's a great stress-reliever when things get a little frustrating. I am planning on completing my first 10K run on Memorial Day and then I figured it was the year of 10K's, so I signed up to swim a 10K in August. I'm not sure what I've gotten myself into, but it's been fun thus far and I know both activities will have a lot of great memories.
Phil has stayed busy with completing his (hopefully) last month of midnight shifts at the airport. They've been going through some changes and are hoping to hire more people in the next few weeks, so then Phil gets to give away his 'low-man on the totem pole' position to someone else :) As of right now, the next time we will see each other is at his cousin Sara's wedding at the end of June, but we're both hoping to squeeze in a visit before then!
I'm getting excited to meet and talk with my soon to be extended family, and my current family, at the showers next weekend. My mom and I are going to drive to Rochester, MN on Thursday night to be there for a shower on Saturday morning before driving to George, Iowa to have another shower there on Saturday evening. Then, we'll head back to CO on Sunday morning. Whew! We are hoping that everything goes well (traveling, road conditions, weather, etc.), so keep us in your prayers for the weekend of May 2-4.
That's about it for now. Hopefully the weather where you all are is as wonderful as it is here!

No comments: