Sunday, February 7, 2010

Peace out!

Happy Super Bowl day!
While we're still sad the the Vikings didn't make it to the 'big dance,' we're just like almost every other American and we're gearing up to watch the game and enjoy the commercials (any guesses as to the best ones this year...)?!?
Phil has stayed busy the past couple of weeks dealing with weather (yes, we get that down here every few years) and participating in the interview process for the airport. They had five candidates come down last week to interview for an agent position, so hopefully, they'll have the position filled soon and they can be closer to being full-staff.
I had a crazy on-call week (can I expect anything less?!?), but as cruddy as on-call week is, it just makes Friday seem that much better! I am still incredibly short-staff at one of my houses, so the week has been filled with re-arranging schedules and finding coverage. Two weeks ago, the Department of Aging and Disability Services came into one of my group homes to perform their annual fundemental survey of the home (just to make sure the clients are getting the care that they deserve). Fortunately, the state found my home to be in good standing, so we got a 'clean-sheet,' which means they found no deficiencies or citations! I am expecting them to come around early May for the other home that I run (the state comes about the same time every year), so hopefully I can have another 'clean-sheet' experience!
On Friday afternoon, we left Mildand for a quick trip to 'D-Town' (as everyone down here calls Dallas). We left Midland about 4p, after we both got off of work and got to Dallas about 10 that evening. We stayed one night in downtown Dallas and another night in Frisco, where Tom was staying. Tom was reffing a few games in the Dallas area over the weekend, so it was such a fun trip to be able to spend some time with him.

Saturday morning we went sight-seeing around the area and of course did some shopping :) I have been experiencing some problems with my running shoes, so while we were in Dallas, I took advantage of the real running stores and got some great advice, and some new shoes! (I feel so professional now)! We met up with Tom for lunch and then hung out around the town, before Phil and I headed to the Stars game, and Tom headed to his game.

The Stars game was absolutely phenomenal! We are very excited to go back later in the year, and have a great experience all over again. The arena was huge, but we still have some biases with the Ralph Englestad arena from Grand Forks :) The Stars won 4-0 against the Phoenix Coyotes, so along with a great game, we got to see the Stars put a 'W' on the board. After the game, we headed back to the hotel to wait for Tom and then spent the evening relaxing and catching up.

While the trip was entirely too short and went by too quickly, Phil and I really enjoy getting out of town for a quick break. We were discussing our next trip and realized we don't have plans until the end of April (for my half-marathon), so if you have any ideas for us (or if you want to enjoy a trip to the Midland area), let us know!

No comments: